Action Adventure Cinematic Storyboard Workshop / SPRING 2020
This online 8-week course workshop will share basic principles and fundamentals of cinematic storyboarding and demonstrate how to apply them into an actual storyboard execution. From story beat breakdown to composition to laying out camera lenses to character acting and more, from basic technical skills to the creative process, the important key knowledge of cinematic storyboarding will be discussed step by step.
- Jun 18 ~ Aug 13th, 2019
- Lecture - Steve Ahn is an animation director and artist. His work credits include director at DreamWorks for Voltron: Legendary Defender, assistant director at Nickelodeon for The Legend of Korra, and storyboard artist for various shows such as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Ben 10, Generator Rex, and many more in the action-adventure genre. Currently, Steve is working on his first independent animated series, Blossom Detective Holmes.
- Assignment Critique - Sung Shin is a storyboard artist. His credits include Dreamworks: Voltron Legendary Defender, WB: Young Justice, Disney: Big Hero 6 TV Series, Marvel: Guardians of Galaxy, Cartoon Network: Ben 10 Omniverse, Titmouse: Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures and many more. He has recently joined the Blizzard Cinematic Team.
There are many others who want to learn action storyboards and to build a career based on it. But there aren’t many classes that teach you this kind of storyboarding. This workshop is for those of you who are pursuing a storyboard career in the animation industry. Those who want to strengthen basic storyboarding techniques. Those who are art students. Those who want to work in action-adventure shows. Especially those who live far away from the Hollywood animation industry and have struggled to find an opportunity to learn.
Students will receive a website link to view and watch the workshop lecture, and an exercise based on the topic shared from the workshop, sharpen basic technical skills and tackle challenging story sequences like a conversation in drama, 1-on-1 martial arts fights, chases, large-scale action montages and more. The students will have access to rewatch the lecture videos for 1 year.
Each week during the workshop, the students will have the assignment to do, and they will receive a critique video based on their assignments.
Once you purchase this course, you will have a promo to unlock one more NEW PERSPECTIVE LECTURE by guest instructor, William Niu (BG Designer from The Legend of Korra & Voltron Legendary Defender) for FREE!
THIS WORKSHOP INCLUDES
- 1 YR SUBSCRIPTION OF THE COURSE, 8 VIDEO LECTURES + 1 FREE PERSPECTIVE CLASS VIDEO
- 8 ASSIGNMENT CRITIQUES
- Lecture 1 - Directional Scene Design
- Lecture 2 - Storytelling Through Composition I
- Lecture 3 - Storytelling Through Composition II
- Lecture 4 - Storytelling Through The Eye of Camera Lens
- Lecture 5 - Montage Sequence
- Lecture 6 - Drama Sequence with dialogues
- Lecture 7 - Action/Fight/Battle Sequence
- Lecture 8 - Big Group Action Sequence
- Preparation Guide for the workshop will be followed via E-mail, a couple of weeks before the workshop begins.
- You MUST be at least 18 years old to take this workshop
- Internet Access & Computer or Tablet required
- PAYMENT: Credit Card, Paypal
- Cancellation: before June 18th, the full amount will be refunded back. After June 17th, you can only cancel the assignment review portion ($350) and your account will be transferred to the audit version.
- There is NO CLASS GATHERING for this workshop.